Southern Cebu Airsoft Recon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WARRIORS FROM THE SOUTH

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Installing toolbox's Sorbo pad with AOE

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BIGSHOW
Admin
Admin
BIGSHOW

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Installing toolbox's Sorbo pad with AOE Empty
PostSubject: Installing toolbox's Sorbo pad with AOE   Installing toolbox's Sorbo pad with AOE I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 2:07 pm

Aloha Teammate!

AOE stands for Angle of Engagement, the angle at which the sector gear and fist tooth of the piston body make contact at the beginning of the shot cycle. The stock angle of engagement looks like this: Exclamation

Installing toolbox's Sorbo pad with AOE DSC00582

At this angle the face of the 1st sector tooth hits the corner of the Piston body's (PB) 1st tooth fist rather than engaging it squarely on the face. What could happen is; the piston body will move upwards a bit pivoting the PB as it moves backwards. If this continues it will lead to the derformation of the PB's Fist tooth or worse Carnage! like this. Shocked

Installing toolbox's Sorbo pad with AOE DSC00594

Installing toolbox's Sorbo pad with AOE DSC00591

So to prevent the same thing from happening and add protection to my gearbox, Piston body and sector gear. I installed TOOLBOX's Sorbo pad with AOE!

Here it goes! Arrow

Remove the stock rubber from your cylinder head and Superglue the new Sorbo pads in place. Remember before doing this clean the cylinder head & Sorbo pad with soap & water! There should be no oil on the surfaces being joined for maximun adhesion.

Installing toolbox's Sorbo pad with AOE DSC00583

Yes it is thicker by 3.86mm compared to the stock rubber damper.

Install the cylinder head back into the cylinder sealing it with RTV silicone. Special note regarding the cylinder; due to the added volume of the thicker Sorbo pad, it is adviceable to upgrade to the next bigger cylinder to which you are using now.

With the added length of the Sorbo pad it is nessesary to remove the 2nd & 3rd tooth of the piston body to clear the clycle. If you do not remove them the sector gear will pick up the 2nd or 3r tooth of the piston body.

Installing toolbox's Sorbo pad with AOE DSC00585

Simple kaayo tanawon sa? Pwerting gahia sa mga ingipon sa deep fire pre! Siguroa hait imong limbas, baskog imong bukton og naa kay cape gi andam!

Installing toolbox's Sorbo pad with AOE DSC00586

After a while...

Installing toolbox's Sorbo pad with AOE DSC00588

Maypa nag dentista ko. Kamao ra man diay ko manangtang ug ngipon! Laughing

After puting everything back together, this is what my AOE looks now!

Installing toolbox's Sorbo pad with AOE DSC00599
Installing toolbox's Sorbo pad with AOE DSC00598

Compare it to the stock AOE again

Installing toolbox's Sorbo pad with AOE DSC00582

This upgrade is for durability and reliablity. Wala pa hioum ko naka pa chrono sa akong pusil if naa bay added FPS due to the added spring compression or any loss the ROF for that matter. Installing toolbox's Sorbo pad with AOE 268145
Back to top Go down
LONEWOLF
corporal
corporal
LONEWOLF

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Installing toolbox's Sorbo pad with AOE   Installing toolbox's Sorbo pad with AOE I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 8:31 pm

WOW OK NI PRE
Back to top Go down
LONEWOLF
corporal
corporal
LONEWOLF

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Installing toolbox's Sorbo pad with AOE   Installing toolbox's Sorbo pad with AOE I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 8:34 pm

Pre wen ta maka shems sa ako stubby wen ka free?
Back to top Go down
kingleon300
Admin
Admin
kingleon300

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Installing toolbox's Sorbo pad with AOE   Installing toolbox's Sorbo pad with AOE I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 9:04 pm

mka taas ni ROF carlo?
Back to top Go down
http://scar.web-rpg.org
BIGSHOW
Admin
Admin
BIGSHOW

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Installing toolbox's Sorbo pad with AOE   Installing toolbox's Sorbo pad with AOE I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 12:03 pm

Sa akong tanaw pre murag dili man kung naa man gani gamay ra, maybe kay ni mubo man sad ang stroke cycle Question Sa FPS basin naa, kay ma compress man ang spring gamay. Kinda like the efftect a spring guide with bearing has when you replace a stock plactic spring guide.

In my point of view it's more of a durability upgrade. The thickness of the sorbo pad gives you more shock absorbtion than the standard 3mm ASR sorbo pad or a stock rubber damper. It also gives the piston body and sector gear a better angle of engagement. Mas maka compyansa sad kag operate sa imong pusil at a higher rate of fire kung mag upgrade naka.

But im not an expert or a gunsmith. Ako ra mang opinion pre Very Happy

Wala pa man sad gud ko naka pa chrono so at this point it's still all theoretical.
Pag naka test nako ako nya i post pre.
Back to top Go down
altered
Admin
Admin
altered

Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Installing toolbox's Sorbo pad with AOE   Installing toolbox's Sorbo pad with AOE I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 8:06 pm

kana pre maoy gipangita.....
bitaw kapoy basa,isturyahi lang ko inig kita nato puhon2x pre....weeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Installing toolbox's Sorbo pad with AOE   Installing toolbox's Sorbo pad with AOE I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Installing toolbox's Sorbo pad with AOE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Southern Cebu Airsoft Recon :: Your first category :: Tech Support:-
Jump to: